Proper audio engine: Gapless Audio!

+1

Let’s keep this thread going and hopefully have this in time for Christmas.

1 Like

Not sure if this is related but I noticed that when I have “Track Selection Follows Event Selection” checked in my Preferences, audio cut outs occur when I’m moving between different events/tracks. When this box is not checked, these cut outs do not happen. I made a post about this in the “Issues” forum.

Also, there are cut outs when “Sync Selection in Project Window and Mix Console” is selected and I am selecting different tracks/events during playback.

as far as i can tell from my experience cubaendo 10,has more drops from various actions than previous cubendo versions.
the good news,users see that many other DAWs resolved this issue,and finally steinberg pay attention probably, and it’s on the feature request poll.hopefully ver 10.5 rinsome news regarding this

+1…

I wish all the people who’ve mentioned it here voted for it as #1 priority in the last poll. Perhaps then it would of beat export to video at #2. It did get high at #11 but I expected it to be in the top 5 at least.

It never used to bother me much, thinking it was a given but, it’s getting more annoying with every session.

I was thinking about this the other day. I could easily have an assistant mix my productions while I’m creating them by using the control surface an extra computer screens already in the studio if the audio didn’t cut out. This would mean I could finish songs quicker and take on more clients. At the moment, the mixing needs to be done afterwards. The same as when recording, mixing could be done at the same time.

There is one major problem with that workflow though, it doesn’t need just a continuous playing audio engine but also a Cue-solo function like on DJ mixers and radio station panel mixers instead of soloing so that tracks can be cued instead of soloed and the cue set to either a set of headphones or a Cue output that is created and setup in the control room.

There should also be a way to flip the solo buttons on Eucon control surfaces to act as Cue buttons or a simple ‘solo to cue’ function in the mixer that makes all solo buttons act as Cue buttons instead.

Then to make it even better, if multi touch support was added, a second screen could be used to mix a song while the song was being created or recorded.

So, I’d suggest:
Continuous Audio Player
Mixer Cue-solo buttons and seperate Cue-solo output in the Control Room that is assigned to mixer Cue-solo buttons
Mixer ‘Solo to Cue-solo’ link button
Muti-Touch support

This equals another person that can mix a song while the song is being produced or recorded which is an almost twice as fast workflow which means quicker turn around times and more money for busy studios and professionals.

I am pretty sure it’s damaging in multiple ways.

New year’s resolution for Steinberg :

Gapless Audio Engine

lol. Nice one.

Actually it would be nice to have it even without payed upgrade necessarlly in the future.its kind of mandatory now days

I’ve been deeply learning Reaper, and once you use gapless audio, when you come back to Cubase you feel like you’re tripping down stairs every time you do so many things. Let’s catch up will all other DAWs!

+1

In Cubase 11, this will be history.

+1 Gapless Audio.

+1

+1

+1

+1

+1000 The most annoying issue when you are used to work with Logic, Live and Studio One. These constant interruptions of the audio stream are the biggest (work)flow killer in Cubase.

+1