Protected Object Server (32 bit)

Protected Object Server (32 bit) what is it? and why is it running as a sub process? while I launch cubase 11?

Hi,

Protected Object Server (32 bit) is need for the communication with the eLCC.

Why a 32bit module shouldn’t every Cubase 11 related component be 64bit?

Why should it? There are a lot of 32bit components running unter windows 10 64bit even whithout cubase. It simply does not matter.

The elicencer program is a 32bit application but doesn’t need much memory and resources. So just ignore it.

I am just surprised, Cubase has tried to move away from 32 bit components including plug-ins why are they still using a 32 bit version e-license module. I know 32 bit and 64 bit applications can communicate via Shared memory , RPC or COM but I don’t understand as to why the code has not been converted to 64bit ? While everything else in cubase is 64bit?

Agreed…And Not only that…it’s crashing both Cubase and Ableton Live (for me). It’s a serious bummer…don’t know why that’s happening…really frustrating…

3 Likes

same issue, while try to render a track. It stops by zero, no crash-dump was created.

- Protected Object Server (32 Bit) occoured with the cubase process.

Have you tried updating the eLicenser Control Center or just running it to do synchronization and maintenance?

I’m not sure, but… Because of ground loop problems (digital beeps and cracks in my audio monitoring) I disconnected the ground wire from my computers power cable. Since then I had no problems anymore with the e-licencer and my AVID remote controller.
Maybe it’s worth trying… Please let me know if it is solving your problem as well.