Pushing "S" in editor solos track not parts.

Hey guys,

This problem has been plaguing me for some time, but its annoying more than work stopping so I’ve never complained about it. When I open the editor window and push “s” it activates solo parts mode. However, after C6.5 has been open for a while hitting “s” seems to solo the track selected in the arrange window instead. This is really annoying, as sometimes I’ll select two parts, open the editor hit S and an unrelated track in the in the arrange window gets soloed. Like I said, this usually happens after Cubase has been open for a while and a restart usually fixes it.

I thought it might be a window focus issue, but I’m sure I have the editor window in focus.

Thanks
F

Hi Feeserface

did you ever get to the bottom of this? Sounds like something that I will notice if I upgrade to 6.5…

cheers

Al

I did not.

Hi.

This behavior has nothing to do with how long Cubase has been open, and a restart does not actually fix it. It only appears that way.

When:

1. A mixer is open

2. That mixer is set to ‘always on top’

Using the solo KC, every other time Cubase is brought to focus (or “to the front” might be the proper term), the track selected in the arrange window will solo. Every other time Cubase is brought to focus, it will solo the editor window.

Do this:

Launch Cubase, create a new project, create 2 MIDI trks, with an event on at least one. Make sure a mixer is open, and that the mixer is set to ‘always on top’. Dbl-click the MIDI event, and the Key Ed. opens. Use the solo KC, and the Key Ed. is in solo. Use the solo KC again, and the Key Ed. is no longer in solo. Repeat as many times as you like; closing and re-opening the Key Ed. nets the same result. Now, click on the desktop, and then click on Cubase, bringing it back into focus. Open the Key Ed., use the solo KC, and the track selected in the arrange window is in solo. Again, click on the desktop, and then click on Cubase, bringing it back into focus. Use the solo KC, and the Key Ed. is in solo. You can go back and forth like this as many times as you wish. Click the desktop (or another app from the taskbar), and then click Cubase, and solo will solo the Key Ed. Then click the desktop (or another app from the taskbar), and then click Cubase, and solo will solo the track selected in the arrange window.

This has been like this since SX2.

Cheers.

Thanks for this!!!

nice explanation Jeff thanks :slight_smile:

I should be getting my 6.5 upgrade tomorrow so I look forward to lots of nice new features :sunglasses: