Qt5Widgets.dll

I have an error that wont go away. reinstalled the applikation and even reinstalled the computer.
When editing a file or presing the delete key on keyboard the applikation goes in to a “halt” and crashes.

The error occurred in the program by name : WaveLab8_5_64.exe , version 8.5.0.849 , time stamp 0x533e882d
, The error occurred in the module by name : Qt5Widgets.dll , version 5.2.1.0 , time stamp 0x53297f9b
Exception code : 0xc0000005
Felförskjutning : 0x0000000000036589
Process ID 0xdf0
Program start time : 0x01d0447519c04e49
Path to the application: C: \ Program Files \ Steinberg \ WaveLab 8.5 \ WaveLab8_5_64.exe
Path to the module: C: \ Program Files \ Steinberg \ WaveLab 8.5 \ Qt5Widgets.dll
Report ID 0a6f7fd9 - b06b - 11e4-8287-6451063718ed

Please update to the latest version 8.5.20.

Philippe

Have Downloaded and will install the new version today.

No luck at all, it wont even start.
64-Bits gets an error when installing at WLPlugin8 and after that it finishes.
If you start the application it shows the logo and nothing else, and you have to use taskmanager to kill the process.
32-Bits gets no error but same when you start it. hows the logo and nothing else, and you have to use taskmanager to kill the process.

Any ideas?
/Asn

There must be some conflictual application running on your system. But I can’t guess which one…

Talkt with the support and they didnt have an answear, but they didnt recommend 64 bits Windows or 64 bits Wavelab.
Anyone else running it on x64 Windows?

That’s crazy! I’ve been running 64-bit WL since it’s been around, on 64-bit Windows 7 Pro.

I solved my issues with WaveLab crashes by Qt5widgets.dll :smiley:

I run WaveLab Version 8.5.30 (build 871) - 64 bit on a Windows 10 Pro x64 and on a Windows 7 Pro x64 machine (the latter is no more connected to the internet).

I had several issues with the previous Qt5 *** DLL versions (5.2.1.0) which had gone after the update of WaveLab. As far a I remember with the update to the version 8.5.30 (build 871) or 8.5.20
ALL 14 Qt5 DLL files in C:\Program Files\Steinberg\WaveLab 8.5 (all files which begin with Qt5… ) were exchanged from Qt version 5.2.1.0 to version 5.3.0.0 (dated Sept 1st 2014).
Attention: You should never mix Qt5 files from different versions or packages!!!

Maybe the Qt5 file updates did not come by the WaveLab updates and I instead followed a hint of another user who uploaded all the 14 needed Qt5 files in the version 5.3.0.0. In this case I just made backups of the previous 5.2.1.0 versions and copied the newer ones into the folder C:\Program Files\Steinberg\WaveLab 8.5 manually.

However it worked up for years … until crashes of WaveLab 8.5.30 (x64) with Qt5widgets.dll (still 5.3.0.0) reappeared.
So I read Philippe’s comment above

Yes, of course, he can’t guess which one. But I could and YOU will also be to able to find out which other app uses Qt5 and interferes:
I used the following free software (no ads, no traps!) to find out which apps interfered by running their own versions of Qt5, especially Qt5widgets.dll:
Everything from voidtools to find all Programs using Qt5… .dll in general
and
ProcessExplorer from the Microsoft Sysinternals Suite.
Run the latter with right click “Run as Administrator”, then just go to
Find > Find Handle or DLL (or just hit CTRL + F)
enter qt5 and click Seach.
Then you’ll most probably find all running apps actually using its own Qt5 version(s).
Close the window, kill this app or these apps (for me there where 5 in total of which 3 interfered).
You could also stop their autostarts within the regular TaskManager (CTRL + Shift + Esc) or with the AutoRuns(64) of SysInternals from Microsoft. But before make shure if you need or don’t need these apps in a different context and don’t forget to restart this

(*** Btw: QT5 is a C++ application development framework library which was / is used to develop the user interface of WaveLab. Qt5 has nothing to do with QuickTime).