QuadraFuzz v1 how to run in C9

VB-1 & Model E (Moog Kind)?

they also run fine in cubase 8.5 64 bit ,you arent qualified to know that it would be a total waste of time .keep your nose out ,it doesnt concern you .if some people want to use the old plugins that is their choice not yours so shut up.if you are happy with your plugins then go away and use them ,why are you even wasting your energy on this subject ,it`s none of your business.bye

Those two are available as 64-bit. Some very nice soul at Steinberg decided to rebuild them a few years ago. :slight_smile:

Haha, yes, the very old DLL file from the first version of QuadraFuzz seems to work!
The file dates back to year 2000… :smiley:

which version of cubase did you get this from,i wonder if ReverbA ,Doubledelay and Rotary could be jbridged if they came from the same version as your QF. a little bit of positiveness among all this negativeness

From facebool cubase user group:

CUBASE 9 DOESN’T SUPPORT 32bit VST’s anymore???
HAHA!!! YES IT DOES!!! :smiley: - just like 8.5, with a little trick!

As a big Cubase-fan I was very disappointed that they removed it’s compatibility for 32bit-Vst’s. After researching I got the following solution:

In the Cubase-program-folder you find the folder “components”.
The TRICK is just to copy (and replace) the following 2 files from Cubase 8.5-components-folder to the one in Cubase 9:

“VstBridgeApp.exe”
“VstPlugManager.dll”

(please don’t forget to backup the C9 components folder first)

After that let Cubase 9 rescan your PlugIns - maybe it helps to delete the blacklist-files in the Roaming-folder first.

With this little trick I’m using my Cubase 9 just the way I used 8 all the time, all the 32bit-PlugIns are now present in Cubase 9!
I don’t know how it works with mac, I guess there should be a similar way to get it working there :slight_smile:

Have a nice day
This is the solution for old steinberg plugs that won’t run in jbridge! At least for now.

WOW! great! will test it immediately

interesting, does this affect on performance

Sorry no idea, I saw this but I don’t need it myself.
If you also have jbridge, I would only use this hack for old cubase plugins that don’t run in jbridge!

good find, cheers.

QF1 was probably outsourced, like roomworks, hence the no update (and probably the reason they sound better than steinberg’s own attempts)?

This is great! Thanks for sharing this.

I am slightly worried about replacing the VstPlugManager.dll - are there any side effects on how the plugins are handled in Cubase 9?

I came here and found this thread trying to get QF1 to run in Cubase 9. Has anyone that has done the dll replacement above run into any issues? I love QF1 and DoubleDelay, would love to be able to use them in Cubase 9. Does anyone have an suggestions to something comparable to DoubleDelay?

didnt test with replacing dll, working now with painfull method: Jbridge & v1 (red gui) QF.

Worked for me and so far no problems! Thank you!

Would this work to make Reverb A available in Cubase 9.0.20?

I don’t see why not. It’s supposed to make ANY 32bit plugs work with Cubase 9. I needed to be able to use the Double Delay again after upgrading. I suppose I should start phasing it out though.

I’m curious as to why Steinberg decided to not allow the use of 32bit plugs in C9? Especially if it’s that easy to work around it and not have any issues.

My 32bit plugs have stopped working again. SMH!

You might try re-copying the files from 8.5 (if you haven’t already), that got it working again for me.

interesting, if someone convert QF1 to 64bit and upload for everyone, it be legit?

Yeah, that was the first thing I tried along with deleting the blacklist files and nothing is working. Everything was working fine for the past couple weeks up until yesterday and I have no idea what caused Cubase to start blacklisting them again. At this point, I’ve resorted to using 8.5 for sessions that are using the Double Delay.

Workaround: keep Cubase 8.5 32 installed and pull stuff in there you think you need to run through QuadraFuzz or any old 32-bit tools you don’t want to part with just yet? You can make a stereMixMinusONE and just import that into an empty track in C8.5 and then bake the Track(s) with 32-bit plugins before you export it as a stereo(s) track and get it into C9.
Or reinstall C8.5 if you dumped it already. And yep, it’s just a workaround, sorry …