Quantization

I can’t get the quantization to do anything except for adding swing. I’ve tried auto, quantizing in the timeline and in the editor and the notes don’t move unless I’m adding swing. I have Cubasis LE with the in-app upgrade to Cubasis 3.

Hi russgies,

Thank you for your message and welcome to the Cubasis forum!

Please give these step a try:

• Make sure to choose an approporiate quantisation value (e.g. 1/16)
  • Create a MIDI track and assign it to an instrument
  • Eable the metronome and record a few bars, playing on the on-board keyboard
  • Stop the recording and tap the “Q” (Quantize) button

Here you can check out the steps in a short video example (link expires in one week).

When choosing “AUTO”, the recorded event will be automatically quantized.

In addition, please check out our Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, where our friend Dom Sigalas shows you how to use Cubasis to create a full track. Alongside, the YouTube description includes markers to jump to dedicated chapters of the clip.

Best wishes
& stay safe,
Lars

Thanks Lars. I slept on it and had another look and I think the problem was I didn’t understand the Strength function. I thought it was only connected to the Swing function. I’m a newbie to quantization and the manual doesn’t spell it out clearly enough for someone like me.

Hi @russgies,

Thanks Lars. I slept on it and had another look and I think the problem was I didn’t understand the Strength function. I thought it was only connected to the Swing function. I’m a newbie to quantization and the manual doesn’t spell it out clearly enough for someone like me.

Thanks for you’re message, we’re glad to read that the issue could be solved by this.

As stated in my previous message, please have a look at our available Getting started with Cubasis tutorial, to learn how to use the app in near to no time.

Please find many more tutorials following the links below.

Cubasis 3 - Tutorials & Teasers
Cubasis 2 - Tutorials & Teasers

Alongside a Google or YouTube search will navigate you to many more great clips from other users around the globe.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Lars