Setup: Grid size in piano roll: 1/16; AutoQuantization Off; Snap Off.
- In an empty project create MIDI track.
- Create an empty part and doubleclick to open it in lower zone.
- With Snap Off create some modulation controller event - one at position right after fourth beat in first bar with value 32, second near second bar with value 70, third right after second bar’s line with value 90, fourth - next to the third with value 110.
- Now select third value and press Q (quantize) - third value disappeared, but second event took his value - 90. (???)
- Press Undo
- Now add new point between first and second points, but near to the second, so the quantize (visually) can move it to the position where second bar starts. Its value - 17.
- With the new point selected press Q - that new point goes not to the quantization target (position of bar 2), but stands in position of old second point, which disappears at his value of 70. (???)
The issue is that quantization affects values not selected? Yes, if in this example I select second (newly added) and fourth points and press Q, then somehow they can operate with space between, but this is quantization and user wants a result where points stands on precise places (bar/beat positions), but with two selected quantization results in one point between both selected and not straight bar/beat position.
This was recorded in Cubase 9.0.40. I open it in 9.5.30 and it works the same way. If I do this in new project in version 9.5.30 - works the same way. No matter which version. If two value are near to each other, quantization won’t operate correctly - point won’t go to the target if in his way is another (not selected) point. Also if another point is close but in oposite side of target (bar/beat line to snap points).
I attached only one file since the problem is identical in both versions. I uninstalled C8 and cannot check was this problem there too.
In this file second point of Modulation controller is that added in step-6.
I send this to firstname.lastname@example.org too.
QuantizeControllers-9.0.40.cpr.zip (13.4 KB)