Question about Loopback with UR22C

So I’ve got my UR22C all connected and set up and I’m very happy with it.

I just have one question…

When using the Loopback setting found in the dspMixFx_UR-C application, I seem to lose the input signal from both inputs unless I turn the Mix knob to the left. If the Mix knob is turned all the way to the right (DAW), I cannot capture any audio.

It states in the Operation Manual:

[MIX] knob
Adjusts the signal level balance between the input signal to the [MIC/LINE 1/2] jacks and the signal from an application, such as DAW software. Operation of this control knob does not affect the signal sent to a computer.

Is this a bug or is this how it’s meant to be?

If I disable Loopback, I can capture audio no problem even with the Mix knob turned all the way to the DAW position.

1 Like

I have a similar problem and don’t know what to do… I bought the UR22C especially because I wanted to record my guitar playing “live” with some effects Guitar Rig5. As soon as I turn the Mix know only a slight touch to the right I have immense feedback when loopback is activated. If I turn it 100% to the left (dry) I don’t have any but I cannot also hear or record anything.

Did you figure out how to record “wet” audio live?

Maybe try turning off loopback if you don’t need it. This will hopefully stop the feedback.

Loopback is generally for podcasting where you have to record yourself speaking over the audio out of the computer. Generally you would use headphones while recording to avoid any feedback from speakers.

I contacted support about the loopback question I had and they said it’s designed this way to avoid accidental feedback. So in order to record the mic with loopback you have to turn the mix knob to the center.