Question before purchasing Iconica

I have Dorico 3.5 on a hard drive with only 7GB left on the SSD. I put my orchestra instruments from another orchestra on the slower data drive which has 900GB. Still plenty of room there. And it works fine, because I can load most of what I need in 16 GB of ram, plus it has a small preload sample that it loads of each instrument in memory for fast access.

So anyway, I want to order Strings and Sections. Can I load the iconica library setup file on my larger data drive and open and install it there. Or does it need to start on the SSD with Dorica before I can move the instruments there. Because if so, that’s going to be a problem. It’s too big even compresssed to start on the same drive with Dorico.

Thanks.

I’m not 100% sure, but I believe with Iconica you essentially download the .vstsound archives directly using Steinberg Download Assistant, so you can set SDA to download directly to your larger drive. Once you’ve got the files downloaded, you can run Steinberg Library Manager to register the Iconica sounds from the location you have decided to put them on your larger drive. You can download Iconica via SDA even before you buy it, so you can give it a try.