Question regarding scripting

Hi!

I need some help with a script I’m using and trying to develop further.

I use MediaMonkey for managing my audio file libraries (mix and master files) so that I can use it’s flexibility for tagging and scripting, and it works great.

I have also made a script that opens up Wavelab 10 for files I select in MediaMonkey, and this also works well.
Earlier it was no problem, it just opened the files in the audio editor and I could do what I needed.
But now when I’m using File Groups and Audio Montage more, I wold like to improve the script.

Currently I am just sending in list of files to be opened and they opens in a new File Group in WL.
If I send a list of more files they are opened in the same File Group.
The script is simply executing a command containing “program file path + audio file path”.

Now I want to see if it is possible to improve the script so that it:

• can open files in new File group for each send/execution
  • can open files in a new Audio Montage instead of File Group.

Searching the Forum and looking in the script documentation I cannot find anything related to using script for creating/opening new File Groups or adding files to a new Audio Montage.

So is this possible using script in any way?

I haven’t adjusted the script it using any WL specific API scripting at this stage, bascially beacuse I use the same code for other similar applications.

Regards
/Hackej

Are you using ActiveX scripting, or the WaveLab Internal script system?

Hi PG!

I’m currently just using simple VBS (see below), so I can use another version of script to open Ozone separately. Don’t know if that is regarded as ActiveX…!?

But I would like to try to use WL scripting if possible to solve my problem.

/Hackej

Create an empty script inside WaveLab, then click on this to get the complete doc.
For example, you can create a montage, and add clips to it.

Normally, you can run an internal script from an ActiveX script.
I must say this was not tested recently. You will have to experiment.

Hi and thanks PG!

I will have a look at it.

When looking in the documentation I have found that:

• for creating a Montage I can try to use - openMontage (fileName) - but without filename?
    Will this create new unnamed AM, as there is no function for creating new Montage?

• for adding clips I can use - insertClip (indexTrack, where, fileName, rippleMode).

• but I cannot find any function(s) for creating or using File Group(s)!?

/Hackej

There is none, sorry.