Questions about Cubase AI

I own Cubase 7 but find it a bit too complex for my needs, would Cubase AI be a good alternative?

I would like to know if I can use my Native Instrument VSTs with it though, as I own Komplete 11.

There are no advantages to using a lower tier version of Cubase, they’re simply more limited and wont be any easier to use. The same goes to pretty much every other DAW.

But if you want Cubase to be easier to use, consider upgrading to the latest version. Your version is fairly old at this point, and plenty of usability improvements have been added since it was released. Steinberg is always trying to improve the workflow and making Cubase more intuitive. I would recommend giving the trial version a try if you’re unsure.

It’s also worth it to try understand the basics of how Cubase works, since this will allow you to work much faster. If you need help figuring out how to do something, or if you’re wondering if it’s possible to do a certain thing faster or more easily, feel free to make a new thread and ask.

And yes, all versions of Cubase can run Native Instrument’s VST plugins.

ok, thanks! I’ll start a new thread.