Questions from a starter

Just got cubasis and love it.
A few quick questions.

1. Is it possible to do this fast
    I record my guitars with 2 mics and direct. Often I will want to combine 3-5 takes of a solo into one.

With reaper you can just record on the same track and cut them like editing multicam. I don’t expect that of course.

But would it be possible to glue the three guitars together so when you cut you don’t have to cut three tracks. I could record two mics as stereo pair and later when going back to the console split the stereo again to mix the mics and create the real stereo image but it would be nice if cubasis can do it.

1. I love playing with effects
    Meaning i often have 4-5 effects on a track that I don’t use. Whatever I try I can’t seem to remove them. They are inactive but it doesn’t look very clean.

Hope you guys have some tips.

Hi frankdoorhof,

We are happy to see you using Cubasis. As a photographer myself, I’ve watched a few of your Elinchrom related clips in the past… :slight_smile:

Currently, Cubasis behaves similar to a looper, when playing back multiple audio tracks, which are on the same track. When recording, there is an overdub/looper setup setting available, which partly changes this behaviour.

We might give this behaviour a review/change in the future.

1. Is it possible to do this fast
    I record my guitars with 2 mics and direct. Often I will want to combine 3-5 takes of a solo into one.

When recording audio tracks in cycle mode, each cycle is recorded as an individual event. While Cubasis does not offer a dedicated comping option, it might help to place the individual events to a muted track, and review them individually on another track via drag & drop.

1. I love playing with effects
    Meaning i often have 4-5 effects on a track that I don’t use. Whatever I try I can’t seem to remove them. They are inactive but it doesn’t look very clean.

Please tap in the effect slot, go back in the list and choose “x None” to unload the effect.

Please have a look if our available Getting started with Cubasis tutorial is of additional help for you.

Thank you
& stay safe,
Lars

Best,
Lars

Awesome.
Yes it’s a small world. I’m still creating videos and teaching workshops (normally) but this year has been incredibly bizarre of course, and because we take this very serious it means I’m pretty much not teaching any workshops in person which is really terrible, but we do more live streams and events and I’ve picked up my recording/mixing passion again so that really helps me through this period.

Cubasis was the missing link for me on the iPad pro, would love to one day use Cubase but for the moment I keep using reaper, although the combination of Cubasis and Cubase would be pretty sweet, who knows.

The single events I found indeed, the main issue I have is that I record 3 guitar tracks at once and when you do 5 takes it means 15 tracks to go through, for the moment I’m dedicating my two mics as a stereo channel which helps a bit, and because I’m mostly mixing back to the console I can always split them again there, or split them later in Cubasis and mix the proper balance between the two mics.

It’s a bit getting used to a new workflow, but that’s half the fun right ?
Anyway love Cubasis, so you’ll probably see me more here :smiley:

Hi frankdoorhof,

Thank you for the kind message.

We’re glad to read that you seem to love Cubasis so far.

In case, you want to have a look at more tutorials about dedicated Cubasis features, please find the links to them below.

Cubasis 3 tutorials and teasers.

Cubasis 1 and 2 tutorials and teasers

Best of luck for your business and the ongoing online events.
Let’s hope that the situation improves in 2021, allowing things to get normal again.

Stay safe
& best wishes,
Lars