quick CPU question

Is it normal to have really high “Average Load”, but zero “Real time peak” cpu performance at the same time? See pic.

I don’t know why my Cubase is getting hit so hard PCU wise (I’ve got a new computer, a tower with intel i9). When I turn off all plug ins the CPU is still running around 75% Average Load. Buffer size doesn’t seem to do anything. Freezing the vsts does nothing.

Hi
You need to list down your pc spec’ for the tech’ guys to look at.
It’s not just a processor spec that determines whether Audio/Visual stuff will run OK it’s about every part of your build.
There’sa lot of stuff on the internet about pc build for DAW applications
That’s a lot of plug ins though

If you have asio guard on, that can happen, and doesn’t necessarily indicate a problem.

Ok, thanks (“If you have asio guard on, that can happen, and doesn’t necessarily indicate a problem.”).

I opened another project (same sample rate and buffer) with more of the same plug ins, and cpu is only 50%. (see pic) Even some big oversampling vst’s don’t really do much to the load on this new project. Computer seems ok.

Any way to diagnose where the loads are originating in that original project? (I unloaded VST’S, VSTi’s and froze tracks, but can’t find the culprits). BTW CPU is running high (on the original project) even when I’m not in playback.