quick question about VST System link

I have two macbook pros now and am keen to link them using VST system link…

i understand i need two interfaces which is fine, i have that covered…my question is do i need another dongle or something for the second macbook


Yes, you need 2 USB-eLicensers and 2 Cubase licenses.

Why do you want to use a VST System Link? What’s the reason to use 2 computers? If one of them should be a VST Instruments host (only), then I would recommend to use Vienna Ensemble Pro.

thanks martin…turns out i would be able to use any other version of cubase so a full version license isn’t necessary and an elements license is cheaper than VEP.