quick question re: installing Dorico 3.5/ what happens to previous key commands

(sorry if this has already been covered somewhere): I’m about to upgrade from Dorico 3.1 to 3.5 but have several customized key commands. Is there some way to save them before I install 3.5 (to be safe?) Barring this: what happens to my existing key commands when I install 3.5? Someone has already mentioned that any key commands that have been added by Dorico 3.5 that match anything I may have previously created will override my own key commands, but curious about all this of course before proceeding. Thanks in advance -
D.D.

Dorico 3.5 doesn’t overwrite previous versions of Dorico; it leaves them intact. For that matter, even if you delete the Dorico 3 application, your user settings will be left behind (in the user level Application Support folder).

When you run Dorico 3.5 for the first time, the relevant parts of your keycommands JSON file will automatically be copied into a new keycommands JSON in the 3.5 folder. These folders are found at Users/your-username/Library/Application Support/Steinberg/Dorico 3 (and Dorico 3.5).

Thank you for the info.

• D.D.