random recording crashes

Since last FEB I have been experiencing random recording crashes, first using Cubase 7 and now using Cubase 7.5. These occur sometimes multiple times per hour or once per hour - very random. During “record” there will be a glitch that stops the recording mid track and pops up the message - “Recording error: Audio dropout detected” (see photo). During playback issue still occurs but does not stop the playback. The VST Performance meter shows an instantaneous spike and then displays a red overage mark (normal VST Perfomance is always under 30-40% of cpu). Steinberg support upgraded me to Cubase 7.5 and updated all drivers/firmware for Steinberg UR824 interface. This did not fix anything. They have no other suggestions. I have been updating all other computer drivers/firmware (BIOS, CHIPSET, USB, GPU, etc.) in an attempt to determine what may be interfering with Cubase. Could be Cubase or could be something interfacing with Cubase.

My thoughts have ranged from its the PSU to graphics card to USB connection, etc. Have tested all multiple times with various software (OCCT, CPUID HW Monitor) to no avail. Everything tests fine.

NOTE: Have used this same setup for months on multiple projects with as many as 16 tracks using plugins, etc. with no issues whatsoever. No software or hardware changes were made prior to this issue starting. Even using a Steinberg UR824 to stay within the Steinberg “family”.

Has anyone had similar experiences? Have been using Cubase since version 3 and am very used to it and would like to stay with it but can’t if it continues. Any help is appreciated.

SYSTEM:
DELL XPS 8300
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit
Intel Core I7 2600 (4 cores, 8 threads)
8 gigs RAM
1 Terrabyte hard drive (55% free)
Nvidia GeForce GT 530
Steinberg UR824