randomize MIDI pan function?

Hello people in Steinbergland,

I’m looking for a way to randomize the pan of MIDI notes, so that each time a new note is played, the pan is in a different, random place in the stereo field. Is this possible??? … If not, do you know any plugins that can do this?

I found something called “Set Random VST3 pan” in the logical editor but can’t seem to get this to work either.

Thanks for your help!

For realtime, use the MIDI Insert Transformer FX, and set as per this screenshot…

(please note that “Function” is set to “Insert” :wink: )

Also, in line 2 of the lower section, you might see only “A#-2” or “10” and not both, depending on your setting in Preferences>Event Display>Chords&Pitches>Naming Format

Thank you sir!!! Works like an absolute CHARM!

Hey folks,

For a while now I’m trying to figure out how to randomly pan midi-notes in Cubase 11.
Ive already messed around with the midi insert transformer thing but can’t get it to work.

I found a thread in here that is exactly what I’m looking for, but the picture with the solution is missing. So I’m opening up this new thread in case anybody can help me.

Thank you in advance!

Ya I can’t figure it out either, I thought it should be located here in Midi inserts, but it’s not. I must be possible in Transformer, though.

Random is available for only a few parameters here.

Yeah same here. I also tried the midi transformer presets “set random VST3 pan” (nothing happens) and the preset “create vst3 pan oneshot” (crashes cubase as soon as I play a note).

Ya know if you were to post a link to said thread someone might look at it and be able to…

1 Like

I fixed the missing image, it displays now.

@vic_france, the author of that post was a Cubase wizard, and a wonderful fellow. RIP Vic.

3 Likes

Bump. Can’t you guys just add it as a selection under Midi Modifiers like in my image?

thanks

I went ahead and merged the two topics.