Range Selection Tool - Spotting the playhead lag

Of course it should be! There’s no doubt.

Please understand that my responses are aimed at figuring out what various conditions need to be met to reproduce this bug. I saw something in the past that was similar, I think it had to do with windows updates and video drivers. this was in Nuendo 10.

Completely understand. It’s a very specific bug, but very important one.

Does this only happen with Video Edit Mode activated?

No, I turned off all the settings I mentioned in first post and the bug still happens. I think the preferences don’t influence the behaviour of the lag.

Hi! Is there any solution actually? problem persist.

Still haven’t found the solution. Problem persists

I thought I’d have another look at this one.

The method Cubendo provides to instantly move the play cursor to a clicked location is by using the Shift-Alt (unless the user reassigned it) modifier while clicking with either the Range or Select tool.

One can use the Range tool to “spot” the playback cursor when Video edit mode is turned on, but it’s not really meant for that exact workflow. So using it this way is more of a workaround, rather than a function explicitly designed for that.

It actually sounds like you have both Video Follows Edit mode and Cycle follows Range Selection active from what you’re saying, btw.

I don’t know why there’s a lag, or why some people say they see it on multiple systems, and others say never see it.

It’s a very specific behavior that I dragged from PT where that lag is nonexistent. I’m not so keen using modifier for this kind of basic operation but thanks anyway Steve! I must admit that I got used to the lag somehow… but still I keep going back to PT for big projects. I think this spotting of playhead is meant to be spotted by clicking on timeline with selection tool. On waveform (event) or on blank space. I tried with every setup combination I can think of and it didn’t help. I guess we will have to live with it. Either way I hope we can find a solution for this, but I think it’s the code so…

Yes that is true. Because I want the playhead to spot to exact location which I can see on video and be ready to play, let it be click in the middle of an event (waveform) or just spotting it somewhere on a blank spot or wherever I please. I also have track selection active so that it selects the track accordingly. Why the range selection tool is because of slicing (separate region), cutting, fading with combination of keyboard shortcuts. And most of all for spotting the playhead. This is essential for fast workflow. I also realized that when range selection is clicked-and dragged it spots the playhead without the lag. :blush:

im in same situation. Im editor for audiobooks and this function is my main tool to edit 4 hours of audio daily. i didnt buy Nuendo for it. I hate protools but its perfectly to this.

Do you try with a shortcut using the Logical editor?

The lag drives me crazy! sometimes I trigger a fade in or fade out key command, and I am literally faster than the playhead. Why cannot it be immediated like in protools?

One can’t stress enough how important the speed and responsiveness is during the editing process. Nuendo is great at it, I just don’t know why this lag is there. I hope Steinberg can address it at some future update.

2 Likes

Thank you Very much! please resolve —> When spotting the playhead with Range sel tool by clicking on event** , there is 1 second and sometimes 2 seconds delay. <3 <3

Today I realised something. :slight_smile:
This lag occurs only if you click and leave your mouse stationary. If you click and move the mouse, the playhead spots as soon as you move it. This happens on all types of tracks.

Yes, but issue persist. :frowning: Hard Editing is imposible yet!!!

True that! When you go ninja mode fast it keeps tripping you and you feel like sumo… hh

Hi Zeetom! do you have any solution today? Problem persist…

Hey, problem persists yes. After you spotclick, if you leave the mouse untouched you will have the lag. But! If you click and instantly move the mouse away, playhead will jump immediately.
To be honest with you I can’t work like that - click, move mouse then keyboard operation. Sorry, that’s just stupid.

It still gives me annoyances but I somehow accepted it and moved back to that other software for ease of use during ninja edit mode. Specially in combo with soundflow. I love it!
Using nuendo now just for home music production, not for heavy film post anymore. Just because of that little issue… :drooling_face:
Studio daw dilemma was solved because of that issue.

It’s a shame, but I still love nuendo anyway.

LOL hehe . I´m in same position. Protools for edit (cause that issue), Nuendo 11 for music production. i feel like you. I’m waiting nuendo 12 to do the test. maybe we’ll get lucky