This is a very nit picking and specific behaviour with Range Selection tool regarding spotting the playhead around with mouse clicks. Happens in both scenarios combined or not. Checked in version 10 and 11, not sure for previous versions. I work very fast when editing, meaning I need the software to be snappy and it needs to keep up with me. Nuendo has no problem keeping up, just that one thing… heh
I tend to spot the playhead when editing by clicking around in arrange window either with Object or Range selection tool. Mostly I use - I - Range selection tool
- When spotting the playhead with Range sel tool by clicking on an empty area it moves the playhead, selects the track and updates the inspector in an instant. Snappy and fast.
- When spotting the playhead with Range sel tool by clicking on event, there is 1 second and sometimes 2 seconds delay before it moves the playhead to where I clicked.
During that 1 second I usually already press the key command for solo and it makes me solo the track that was previously selected and not the one I clicked on. This 1 second is really important to me when editing on a tight deadline. I constantly trip on it. I know this is very nit picking stuff right here but please hear me out…
- Track selection follows event selection
- Select track on background click
- Video follows edit mode
I also tried an empty project with no video and only one event on a single track. Same issue.
Note that when selecting the event with Object selection it moves the playhead and selects the track instantly. But I really want to spot the playhead with Range selection tool, for easier access to splitting, fading, previewing a part of event, navigating etc…
- Click several times on empty space with Range selection tool to spot the playhead, then click on an event using Range selection tool to spot the playhead to where you just clicked. Do you experience that lag?
Please share your experiences.
Video example here: https://youtu.be/3Sseb8rZUmE
Other than that, I love Nuendo 11!!