Range Tool Autohotkey script

Hello everyone,

thought I’d share this with the crowd…a simple Autohotkey script which toggles between Selection and Range Tool for as long as a certain key ( “v” in this case ) is being held. It exclusively targets the “Nuendo8” window, so if you change this to “CubaseX” it should work there as well.

I was simply tired of permanently having to change tools via the right-click menu, and am pleased with how well this works. Hope you enjoy it.
I shall continue to extend the code towards more tools asp, the Comp Tool should be up next. Comments and suggestions welcome.

Please note that my personal Key Commands map the Range Tool to “8” and the Selection Tool to “7”. This needs to be adjusted to your mappings accordingly. I don’t think I have any of the defaults left on my map, no idea where those were originally.

#NoEnv ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir% ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#IfWinActive, ahk_class Nuendo8

v::
send, 8
keywait, v
return

v up::
send, 7
return

Thanks for idea! Very nice shortcut) I just love Autohotkey, made two waveform zooming shortcuts with it.