RE: Carbon Copy Delay FX (help?)

[mod edit] Please post your music to the ‘Made with Steinberg’ subforum

Hi,

Regarding my earlier discussion here on the ARTEFACTS which are, unfortunately being produced using the MULTI MOOG in conjunction with the MXR delay, it was suggested (by a friend) that I try to somehow ATTENUATE the signal either PRE or POST MOOG/MXR (in order to reduce the artefacts).

I tried using my YAMAHA MG MIXING DESK both before and after the MXR signal, though sadly to no avail. It did make some difference, however not enough to reduce the unwanted aliasing to a significant degree.

Anyway, just keeping anyone interested up to date.

Cheers,

Paul

I still don’t see why you are so infatuated with using an external delay pedal - the on-board delays built into Cubase will be better in every way - so will most off-the-shelf freebe VSTs. : Delay plugins, vst Delay plugins, buy Delay plugins online, Delay The TAL ones in particular have a good rep. The delay given away by Native Instruments last Christmas (Replika) was superb but it’s not available free any more.

Pepper Pig,

Well do you think that on a GIG, the artefacts between the MOOG/MXR will be very noticeable (ie. when they are going thru an AMP and the whole band is playing etc)?

Ta for the LINK. I have never really used or downloaded anything that is for FREE though before (just because I have [more recently] been a bit worried about viruses etc).

Paul

I understand your concerns about viruses etc, that’s why I sent you to a trusted site which hosts carefully selected free VSTs. Computer Music magazine also comes packed with 40+ free VSTs some of which are excellent - particularly the channel strips. Worth £6 of anyone’s money to get a set of VSTs which would have cost a fortune in the “old days” : CM Plugins: Full list of our exclusive free VST/AU plugin instruments and effects | MusicRadar

Cheers PP,

I get offered so much stuff and crack copies for free from friends. But I always decline.

I see now, so these are from CM magazine.

I think I bought a hard copy of the mag once (for around £10) a couple of years ago and it came with a CD of plug-in’s. I never INSTALLED them though as I assume they were either TRIALS or had a TIME LIMIT.

So yes, then of course they will be safe.

Ta,

Paul