Reactivation of lost ELicensers

I am having an issue with 2 License Control Devices that we purchased to replace 2 that went missing. I have updated the Control Centre to the latest version and although the workstation recognises the new devices when I run Cubase Essential 4 I get the error message ‘ELicensers contain no valid license for this application’. Do I need new activation codes ? …Help please !!

Hello,

Those new USB-eLicenser keys will not work because they do not contain any product licenses.

Please login to your MySteinberg account and use the Zero Downtime (ZDT) option to request a Lost License replacement (circle icon to the right of the pencil icon). You will receive an email from info@steinberg.de with further instructions after you select the ZDT request.

More information can be found on the following page regarding our new Steinberg ZDT system:

Your Cubase Essential 4 license needs to be registered in your MySteinberg account online for you to be able to submit a ZDT request.

Thank you,

Hi,

Thanks for your reply

I am a little concerned with the following information:-

Request Steinberg Zero Downtime backup license

If the USB-eLicenser is lost or does not work any more, you can request an Activation Code for a Steinberg Zero Downtime backup license as temporary replacement. With the backup license, you can use your software for 25 operating hours - sufficient to get in touch with Steinberg support to arrange for the replacement of your license(s).

Please note:

Before you use this function, make sure that the USB-eLicenser is really lost or unusable. Requesting the backup license will irrevocably disable the USB-eLicenser!
Did you try to connect the USB-eLicenser to another USB port or computer? By any means, please install the latest eLicenser Control Center! In this way, most USB-eLicenser issues can be easily solved. Further information on troubleshooting can be found here.

Once you have requested the backup license, the USB-eLicenser is irrevocably deactivated!

The 2 new USB-e-licensers have been registered under ‘MySteinberg’ so do I just proceed with requesting ZDT for these. I do not want to be in the situation where the e-Licenser gets deactivated ?

Regards
Trevor

Hello,

You will not request ZDT for the two new USB-eLicenser keys. Those keys are not working because you do not have replacement licenses for the Cubase Essential licenses. You will request ZDT for the two lost USB-eLicenser keys. The lost USB-eLicenser keys will need to have been registered in order to be eligible for ZDT replacement.

I hope this helps clear up any confusion. Thank you.