REACTIVATION QUESTION!! Cubase elements 6...

Hello guys :slight_smile:

I have had some problems with my pc, long story short, it is with a computer tech now, getting Windows 7-64 bit reinstalled on it… Now, because they are basically wiping the hard drive and re installing OS, will i somehow need to contact Steinberg to reactivate my CUBASE 6 ELEMETS? or will just a simple reinstall be all that is needed?

Thanks so much
-Elias :smiley:

You need to get a new activation from My Steinberg, request one and they will Email a new code.

i just tried to request one and got this
“The license cannot be reactivated. The apparently new eLicenser contains the license of the old activation code. Please enter another Soft-eLicenser number or contact the support team of Steinberg!”

do I need to first delete the registration of my cubase elements 6 then request a new activation code?

i just sold my computer so ill need a reactivation code forsure.

5. What is the detailed procedure for a reactivation?

This is a general step-by-step guide:

• You need a user account at the MySteinberg website, please log in with your account data
    On the left side click at “Activation & Reactivation”
    Click on the name of the product which you want to reactivate.
    Click on “Reactivation”
    Follow the instructions there, enter you new SeL number.

For Sequel also enter the activation code from the card “Essential Product License Information” or the last used activation code you can find in MySteinberg.

• Now click on “Request new Activation Code”
    Repeat the procedure for each additional product

and thats exactly what i did so i dont know why its giving me an error.!!!

Do i have to pull information off the new computer that i get To install my cubase elements 6 on the new computer ? im pulling the e-licenser number off my registered account because thats the only number i have that fits the given space and the only number that was on the e-licenser tool.

You need to use the new number eLCC will give when you install on the new computer to get the re-activation code at MySteinberg and use that to get a new license.

oh!, well i contacted steinberg and they sent me a activation code to be used once i get my computer so all is well :slight_smile:thanks a ton guys