Realizing Chord Text

Realizing Chord Text - found very useful in Sibelius, is there a possibility of this feature being made available for Dorico please?

You mean a feature to “explode” a chord symbol into appropriate notes? If so, there’s no feature for that at present, but it’s certainly possible for the future.

Hi Daniel, yes that’s what I mean, It was a feature called ‘Realize Chord Symbol’ in Sibelius… I could select the chord text above the stave and it would put it in notation etc… :slight_smile:

Hi Daniel - If Dorico can playback chord symbols from the chord track then it can’t be a major step to have a function to write (realize) the chords as a part in the score? In fact, I can manually export the chord track and then import it as a flow. This just need to happen as a function within Dorico.

Welcome to the forum, GetFletch.

You are always welcome to make suggestions, etc. here but realize that it is not kind to suggest something is simple or “not a major step” for the development team to add. I’m glad you have found a work-around and appreciate your sharing it as you did above.

Maybe a dumb question, but how do you export the chord track?

I believe if the chord track is unmuted and you export a MIDI file, the notes played for the chord track will be included in the MIDI file.

You are right, Daniel. The are exported as a piano.

I have been a long time user of Sibelius and now trying out Dorico because for the DAW functions now available in Dorico. This realise chords function seems very popular amongst forums and is using chord notation produce a midi track. Is there any update to this feature or is it already available to achieve in Dorico and I am just not finding the solution. I not the greatest piano player and find it difficult to enter show many chords manually and this feature has been a great help and time saver in producing music.Any response would be greatly appreciated.

There’s no update to this request as of 3.5.12.

I think you will need to go back to Sibelius as the Dorico team are ignoring this much requested feature…

I think you need to go back to costumer service training. I simple Dorico has no plans for this feature would have been a more polite response.

Only suggesting if you want to use the Chord realisation to go to Sibelius not to ditch Dorico for it. Customer training? What a ……….

I understand that English may not be your first language but “ditch” is a narrow water. Not sure how that applies here. Definitely not mentioned in my post.

Matty, the only person on this thread that works for Steinberg is @dspreadbury, so customer service training (let alone costumer service training) really isn’t relevant to @andyp13.

There hasn’t been a major Dorico release for over a year, now. This doesn’t mean the development team is resting on their laurels, but it certainly means that we users have no idea what they’re doing and what they’re ignoring.

6 Likes

My original post was made 16 days ago and answered and I made now further comment. As I was satisfied with the answer. So why are you trolling through old posts and making comment that is either helpful nor necessary.

I’m not “trolling through old posts” - I replied to your post from earlier on today, two minutes after you posted it. I was aiming to clarify the situation.

1 Like

There is nothing to clarify I received my answer 16 days ago so why comment. or perhaps you are referring to the name calling andyp13 who had no reason to reply either.

Narrow brain now, such peasant words!

I was attempting to clarify that the “service” you’ve received is not Steinberg “service” - you’re seeing replies from fellow users.

1 Like