Realtime Mixdown Export Issue

Couldn’t find this issue via search.

When I open a project that has an external instrument, which is in-fact turned off, Cubase will give me the “Realtime mixdown” required notification when I export a mix. If I go to the VST instruments and turn the offending instrument “On then back Off” the problem is solved. It seems like the “on/off” state of the external instrument is not being validated at startup. Has anyone seen this problem. Not a show stopper just annoyingly inefficient.

Best, Ted

Yep, I’ve suffered from this issue too! I tried to explain it to Steinberg in another thread, but didn’t get very far. I can only hope that this will be addressed at some point, but I’m not even sure that it’s a known issue.

The off-on workaround isn’t available if you’ve frozen the track in question, as I normally like to do, so I suppose the only option is to go the old school route and record the synth into another audio track. Very frustrating.

Folks,

I have updated the info in my signature to show the actual version that is effected in my post.

This problem is repeatable.

Ted

Could someone please address this issue?

CSL, I have submitted a support ticket. let’s see what happens since it seems no one is listening here.

Best, Ted

Hi there,

any updates on this? I have the same issue on Cubase 10.5, and decided to start a new thread, but then I found this one. Shame that so many years passed and this bug has never been addressed.

Please Steinberg!

Any updates on this? The problem persists on Cubase 12 as well… maybe I should open a new thread since Steinberg is not even considering to fix this issue.