Realy liking being about to organize my VST folders!

I don’t know how recently Cubase implemented this, but I just discovered that I can make custom organizations of all my VST plugins and instruments. Very cool! Loving it! It has been really great to just for example have a “compressors” folder with all my compressors. Now, when I need one I can really take the opportunity to explore some of the many plugins that I never use. I have discovered some really great plugins that I have had for years but just never used because I always go to the same ones over and over…

I like the folders a lot too and I’ll also use the Collection option to pair things down even more. Every once in a while I forget that I’m in one of my Collections and have to remind myself to go back to my complete list to find everything, but I enjoy being able to pair down from the wide options to a shortened list. Happy Recording!

Organizing plugins into folders is noe of the hugest things Steinberg has done over the years. After over a decade of digging thru default VST lists, having them organized my way changed my approach to selecting tools and actually aloo forced me to dig out a few lesser used plugins as well.

It’s kinda like cleaning your house enables you to think and get so much more done.
Therapeutic even!

Is there any way to do this in Cubase 6? Sounds like this is a new feature?

I have a couple different collections to change to on the fly

‘by brand’
‘by type’
‘Analog’
‘Digital’
‘Surgery’