Rebuild an on old Halion Library?

I know the solution is right there but the instructions are pretty convoluted to me :slight_smile:

I Have a folder of a bunch of Halion presets I made like 20 years ago…when I open them, I have to “Find the missing Files”. Is there a way to just fix this once?

I know I can save and then it shows up in my MediaBay but the organization is screwed up…(I need to learn some stuff about it).
But I would be happy to just open them from the Browser (they are already organized into folders).

What’s the strategy?

THANKS!

John,

What version were you using at that time? Was it version 3 or 4? If it was version 3, you should know that the banks of this version were no longer included with versions 4 and more.

I know that version 3 banks were available on the Steinberg FTP site and that with version 4 until now it is possible to add these banks, which creates a HALion 3 library.

If your patches were created with a version previous to version 4, it is normal that it does not work.

For my part, I have been using HALion since version 3 and I have always kept the banks of this version that I use occasionally. There are a few hundred excellent presets in this version.

I hope this can be useful to you.

HALion 3b

HALion 3

1 Like

Not sure as I have been using Halion since version 1.

I have always just used the Browser. I only used banks for factory sets like Symphonic orchestra etc.

I had some old Halion patches I made myself where the sample files didn’t even have file extensions on them and Halion couldn’t recognize them.