Recommendation for VST drums for le 5 needed

Hey,
I have cubase le 5. I am just getting into using it and I want to get some decent drums sounds as I find a HALionOne drums a bit weak. As I am new to this I have been looking up stuff but most of the questions come from people like me who don’t know how to use le 5 properly. I see that Allen Morgan drums have just been released, can I use it with le 5 or do I need Groove agent 1? To be honest I’m not sure what groove agent 1 does. Anyway, I basically need some decent rock drums. All advice welcome regarding VSTs and programming drums in general.

Thanks!!
Brendan

Brendan: I think ya need Cubase 7 these days to get Groove agent 1 with the Allen Morgan Drums,
although Groove Agent is in Cubase 5 - 6 also. I personally use 5 different Drum programs
my main one is Toontracks Superior Drummer 2.0 and I use Groove Agent 1 also
I use 3 different Drum Machine’s and use REAL Drums also :wink: Check out YOUTUBE videos for Programming Drums. :wink:

Jack :smiley: :smiley:

Hey Jack, thanks for the reply. As you may have guessed I am doing it on the cheap as I have le 5. I heard the superior drummer is great but I saw it’s £200+, so does that mean for something decent I have to spend that kind of money? At the moment I am only getting into this and it’s just for demos to show the lads I’m in a band with what I’m after style/structure wise, so I would prefer not to go too mad starting off. I know you have to spend money for the good stuff but at the moment I would be more comfortable working my way up instead of blowing a load of money when there is so much I don’t understand. Baby steps and all that.

Brendan: You might try Drumcore free. I’ve always liked the sound
of there Drums and Cymbles. Very little EQing needed
plus it’s Free
IMO - the choice and sounds of drums depends on the type of music that your playing.
I used it a lot with Cubase Le4. :wink:

Toontracks EZ Drummer seems to be a popular one
I’ve noticed with ALOT of Cubase users :wink:

Maybe other people have advice for you also :smiley:

Thanks Jack, I’ll check them out. It’s mainly metal (Carcass) style drums that i’m after at the moment.

Brendan: Toontracks Metal Foundry “Loops” with Superior Drummer 2.0
may be the ticket for Metal styled Drums :wink:

Thanks Jack for all the useful info. I’ll try out the free stuff for now and check out Superior Drummer when I have got a grip on that. Fun times ahead!

You can download EZdrummer Lite for free right now (this month only, I believe) …

http://www.toontrack.com/products.asp?item=24

I think it’s 32-bit only, but so is LE 5, right?

If you decide you like it, you can upgrade later to the full EZdrummer.

I have Superior Drummer and love it, but it’s overkill if you are just getting started.

Toontrack has an awesome selection of metal (even extreme s%#t) MIDI packs you can purchase that make it simple to create a song structure quickly.

Also, you can get numerous library expansion packs (which include more MIDI patterns).

I think the MIDI packs should work with the “Lite” version. Not sure about the EZX add ons.

And no, I don’t work for Toontrack … I’m just a satisfied customer :slight_smile: .