Recommendations for Control Surface

What you say is absolutely true, especially the Cubase remote control editor, and upon first look, would most likely convince others that a DAW controller is beneficial for VST plug-ins parameter adjustment.

But here is what is never mentioned and rarely thought of…the reality: (my background is the QconPro, however I think it would work the same on the Mackie since both are MC protocl)

To bring any VST into focus, you must press a few buttons and then scroll through every VST that is in your library including the Steinberg factory VSTs. Do you want to scroll through at least several dozen if not hundreds of VSTs every time in order to edit a single VST? Next, on the DAW controller once the VST is focused, press a button to shift through the button/knob banks (always 8 per bank) For myself, unless rare situations where I know I’m going to be editing a VST for a while, it’s just more immediate to use the mouse to achieve my editing goals.

These are just Cubase users facing reality.

If you want a DAW controller for mainly Jog Wheel uses, yes, I think it should work for that precision, but I would test it first to be sure. I’m not a Jog user either.

Good luck!