Recommendations for most compatible USB MIDI Keyboards

Looking to purchase a keyboard to use for playing VST’s in Cubase. I searched Steinberg’s site & found the Yamaha KX25 but can’t seem to find one for sale anywhere. Anyone know of any midi keyboards that are fully compatible with Cubase 6 and under say 400.00 bucks??? I’m willing to pay more if necessary, but I don’t want to pay for a board and find out it doesn’t work well with Cubase. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

What do you mean by “fully compatible”? Any MIDI keyboard is “fully compatible” in a way I understand “full compatibility”.

More important with keyboards is your personal preference. It’s about if you want full- or semi-weighted keyboard, number of keys, additional functions, portability, etc…

Yeah, see how much space you have and go from there. Figure out what type of keys you prefer and if you want pads/faders/knobs etc to control other parameters. With that in mind you can narrow the choice down to a few different keyboards, and from there on it just depends on budget and user reviews.

Every USB midi keyboard should be just as compatible with Cubase as any other. An exception might be Novation keyboards which let you use their Automap software for assigning functions. As far as I know that works fine in Cubase as well. Some people swear by it, others think it’s rubbish, so it’s really up to you what you want.

Every USB midi keyboard should be just as compatible with Cubase as any other. An exception might be Novation keyboards which let you use their Automap software for assigning functions. As far as I know that works fine in Cubase as well. Some people swear by it, others think it’s rubbish, so it’s really up to you what you want.

Thanks for responding so quickly :smiley:
I was thinking that would be the case, but then I read about people having trouble with Cubase recognizing the board etc. I just don’t want to have any compatibility issues. I am building a brand new system from scratch & I want it all to work well together. I wish Steinberg had a list of recommendations of compatible gear, but I guess that’s just me. I would rather spend my time playing & recording music than researching what works best with what.
I’ll look into the “Novation keyboards” next, anyone else have any recommendations I sure appreciate the help.