Record arming while channels are linked

I am using linked tracks to record-arm a group at one time.
A problem occurs however when I select a track, then select another track in the project view; the previous track that was selected will un-arm.

I want to keep the entire linked group record-armed and I have to select tracks to edit things. Is there any way to keep the selection change from turning them off?

Hi,

When you select the track, the Record enables automatically. But the linked process are triggered by the manual triggers only, so only if you click the Record Enable manually. This is by design.

I am not clicking the record enable at all when I select a new track, but Cubase is un-arming the track I just clicked away from.

I want them to stay armed.

Hi,
Better not select any of the tracks, you want to be armed. Just arm them, a track will only be unarmed when it moves from selected to unselected state. You can then even select any other tracks and the state will stay the same.

Also I believe there is an option in the settings (section ‘Editing’) to disable ‘Enable Record on selection’ or something similar. I can’t check right now, but this could be your solution.

Hi,

Yes, there is. You can set it up for Audio and MIDI tracks independently.

• Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole > Enable Record on Selected Audio Track
  • Preferences > Editing > Project & MixConsole > Enable Record on Selected MIDI Track

Hi,

Did you really arm it (enable for record) manually? Did you really click the button?

I have just tested it. If I press the Record Enable button, this is not disabled, if I select other track after. Only if the Record is enabled automatically with the track selection, then another track selection disable the previous (automatically selected) one.

Also I believe there is an option in the settings (section ‘Editing’) to disable ‘Enable Record on selection’ or something similar. I can’t check right now, but this could be your solution.

This one works.

Hi,

OK, it means, these were the auto-armed tracks.