Auto Punch-in is deactivated when Record is pressed if Preroll is activated, but indication is still active.
(With Punchin Deactivation at Stop disabled).
- Uncheck “Deactivate Punch In at Stop” in Preferences.
- Turn on Pre-roll in Transport Panel (and set a Pre-roll Amount, e.g. 1 bar).
- Press Play and test the Punch-in. It works fine.
- Press Record, and Stop at any point.
- Press Play and test Punch-in again
==> Punch-in does not longer happen (despite it’s still indicated in the Transport Panel).
You need to deselect Auto Punch-in and select it again to get it working again.
Windows 7 64-bit, Cubase Artist 6.5.3