Simple feature request that would save a lot of messing around for people wanting to create screen capture tutorials WITH audio commentary using Cubase.
Can we have a new type of audio channel exclusively for creating podcast / video cast audio which works intelligently separate from global record and playback? This would hugely side-step some of the inherent issues on recording audio for desktop video using external audio interfaces.
How it works
- Launch you screen capture software and start recording desktop video.
- Tab to your Cubase session you’ll be doing a video about.
- Create the “Cast-Master” audio track. (everything in your session will have a send automatically created and routed to this channel and have the option to turn off unwanted channels)
- Arm the record on “Cast Master” and start recording.
- When you pause the playback “Cast Master” track will still continue to record and work independently from the global features.
- Once you’ve finished your podcast you can stop “cast master” and then export the audio file for editing.