Recording a vocal issue with Yamaha Genos

Thank you

If you want to send the midi-generated audio from the Genos, you should plug its audio outputs into your audio interface Line Inputs.

Then plug your mic into a different input on the device.

You do the routing in Studio>Audio Connections window.

Steve…my current mixer AG-06 Yamaha has one line input (1/4 plugs) If I buy a mixer having 2 line inputs, I would be able to use the additional line outputs of the Genos. Aux out) the question now would be can whether the ASIO driver would recognize the 2nd input channel which I would dedicate to the Microphone (configured in line outputs for Genos) thus separating the midi tracks (sounds) in Cubase 12 from the Mic. Just an idea…

Generally correct.

Yes, this is a basic function of the ASIO interface.

You need an interface with 3 inputs minimum, there are many choices out the. for example, Steinberg UR44c, UR242, or UR-RT2.

thank you

Which audio interface did you purchase?

Hi Alan, did your fix your issue already ?
The symptom you describe 100% sounds like you have loopback enabled. Go check the driver, or the mixer’s own panel in your case, and make sure it is disabled.

I have the AGO6 which goes to Cubase 12 Pro with no problem. I’m just wondering if I took my Neumann TLM 103 and plugged it directly into my Genos and set the EQ to flat if I would get a quieter response.
Let’s on my work list tomorrow morning

I have a successful study in integrating the Yamaha Genos with Cubase 12 professional via the AGO6 mixer. Old school arrangers group on Facebook you are always welcome to join us.

Thanks for getting back

Alan

1 Like