Recording electric guitar in Cubase Artist 10

Hello.
I have a little question I don’t know where to put, but I want to try if someone has a solution for this: Because I have lots of hearing issues (Tinnitus as they call it), I am still recording my guitars mostly via Boss ME-80 or Line 6 HX Stomp, but I also have a beautiful Carr Skylark I want to record a little more overdriven sounds. I want to have a microphone recording the sound from the amp but note the overdriven guitarsound into my headphones. Then comes the question: I am using Cubase Artist 10. Is there a simple way to have just the metronome click in my headphones and sending the recorded guitar signal to the stereo output?
I would be very happy if someone could help me hear. Thank you so much. :slight_smile:

How are you monitoring? externally through the audio interface or internally via cubase?
If using direct monitoring through the hardware interface you need to turn that off (your interface should have a knob or a software mixer or control panel to do that) and if you are monitoring via cubase, click on the yellow speaker symbol in the track you are recording to turn it off, either way you should only hear the metronome and/or pre recorded tracks already in your project and (depending on your headphones and how loud is your amp) a little bit of bleed.

Hello Sonico.
I am monitoring (plugging my headphones) to Focusrite Scarlett 18i8 unit. I know there is a software Focusrite Control (if I remember correctly). Maybe I have to watch a few Youtube videos on that subject. If I can switch of the headphone monitoring… Thanks for some inputs. Have a wonderful day. :slight_smile:

Yes, I have used a 18i20 and it is similar to yours, in the focusrite control software just mute the input you have your mic or line connected (or mute the headphones output) and you won’t hear any signal but metronome and pre recorded tracks.

Have a wonderful day U2