Recording error: ASIO driver is not running

Hi, I am new to this forum and need assistance please. I am using an m-track 2x2m and cubase le 9. I am able to record midi and instruments, but when I try to record an audio track I get the error message ‘Recording error: ASIO driver is not running’. Can someone advise me as to what I need to do please? I have attached screenshots of my settings. Thank you

Is it the most up to date driver for this interface?
http://www.m-audio.com/support/download/drivers/Install-M-Audio-M-Track-2X2M-1-0-6

If you already use this driver…check that device manager sees the interface without any yellow warning triangle and post what o/s you’re on.

Seems likely it’s a driver problem of some sort…you might test with ASIO4all driver to confirm if it’s only the M-Audio driver in which case you should contact their support.

Thanks for the reply. I think it is fixed - I had previously installed another programme (hittrax) and that was causing the conflict it seems. I have uninstalled it and the problem gone.

Thanks also for the link to the driver. That’s the one I had installed.

Now all I need to do is get Cubase to recognise my microphone and I’ll be happy!

Hi There!
I just updated My Cubase from 10:5 to 11 and using Tascam model 12 interface and I have similar issues when Starting to Record a track appears this message “ ASIO Driver not Running “ , tried many different ways and no one works.

Windows Pc not Mac.

Thanks

Friend! Have the same problem on Mac Pro 2019. Any ideas how fix it? tnx!

Some drivers do not allow multiple applications at the same time to use them. Make sure that no other audio application is running and using the driver.

BR, Ernst

running only cubase. maybe you have more ideas? tnx

Same problem here.
Windows 11
Cubase 12
Focusrite 18i8
Everything used to be fine but all of a sudden; no sound, no activity on audio meters and the same message appears when I try to record. Reinstalled focusrite driver and cubase, no change. Focusrite tested with other stuff; working absolutely fine.

This is now happening for me, after d/loading Logic Pro to view some old projects on my Mac.

Seems like Logic has taken exclusive use of the device? I could be wrong though.

Any ideas anyone?