Recording Error

Hello everyone.

I am a very new and inexperienced user to cubase having recently purchased CuBase Elements 7. I am using this software via a Zoom R24 midi interface and windows 7 on my desktop Pc.

I have recently encountered a problem whilst recording. I will attempt to explain this as well as i can possibly do.

Whilst recording an instrumental track, the audio quality begins to fluctuate as if there was a connection problem. Some recorded tracks cut on and off and shortly afterwards i get an error message advising that i am recording to many tracks. The track i am attempting to record is track no 6.

When i attempt to play back the previously recorded tracks there would appear to be no issues however the problem arises when i attempt to record something new.

I have read some information relative to this on the internet and a common problem would appear to be vibration (lap to users) however this is definitely not a problem for me as I’m using a desk top and the volume output is low.

I have tried restarting etc however this is not solving the issue.

Many thanks in advance for any help that can be provided.

Kind regards

Davie

Hello,

Are you using your built-in ASIO Direct-X soundcard on your desktop PC? Generic ASIO drivers such as that, are not developed with professional audio applications such as Cubase Elements 7 in mind. I recommend you look into purchasing an audio interface with a dedicated ASIO driver, such as our CI or UR series of devices, which you can check out below:

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products/audio_interfaces/ci_series.html

Thank you.

Many thanks for your help. Much appreciated.