I was successfully recording MIDI with my Steinberg CI-1 interface and MOX8. I upgraded to the Steinberg UR44 inteface and now I have no sound no matter what I do.
To answer this, I know you’re going to throw 800 questions at me. Instead, can someone perhaps give me a list of basic things to try first? Here’s what I’ve done so far:
- Plugged the MOX8 into a direct USB port on my computer (the port I always used).
- Turned the MOX8 on.
- The MOX8 is configured as Bad Mister detailed in his wonderful article (2ch stereo instead of 4-it worked before).
- When opening a new project, I select Yamaha MOX6_MOX8 with VST Editor.
- When Cubase opens, I always get a bunch of Missing Ports, In and Out unmapped errors. I was getting these all the time with the old interface, and yet everything worked.
- The MOX/MOX8 VST Editor appears, but reads, “No audio” in the title area.
I can record MIDI from my MOX8, however there is no sound on playback. The Output routing is likely to blame. I don’t understand the relationship between it and everything else. I wish someone would just put a “see Spot run” list of what to do so I can just record my tunes or play back a pre-made MIDI file. This overly complicated process completely kills creativity.
I know one thing that has NEVER been produced on ANY forum, that I’m aware of–a really simple Glossary of terms that explains all the acronyms and techy terms. It’s one thing for all you wonderful folks to provide answers, but when the terms make no sense, the answer is useless. End of rant…
Many thanks for letting me bend your ears–now any ideas? Best…