Recording the audio output of Groove Agent

This is probably really obvious but how do I record the audio output of Groove Agent (or any other VST plugin) on a new track? I want to play with the sounds, process them and so on. It must be something in the routing.

You mean in cubase…?
Export - Audio mixdown

Yes, on a new track in Cubase AI.

This is probably really obvious but how do I record the audio output of Groove Agent (or any other VST plugin) on a new track? I want to play with the sounds, process them and so on. It must be something in the routing.

As the official tutorial states “Recording the output of another plug-in allows you to save the sounds that you created with other plug-ins, software or hardware, exactly the way that you set them up. This can be particularly useful if a plug-in does not allow you to create presets”

And how do I do this? I’m specifically wanting to add a delay to a snare drum hit from Groove Agent for a single bar, then reverse the audio. I can’t find a way to do it.

As i wrote before! :unamused: :confused:

But Export merely saves the audio to a file.

Yes, a file which can then be imported back into your project within an audio track (there is even the option to do that automatically) which you can then further manipulate.

You’re right. It took me a while to find out how this worked for a single bar, single track but that’s the way. It’s a shame the Steinberg manual isn’t more informative. Many thanks.