Recording using Audacity and Steinberg UR44

Hi,
I would appreciate any assistance. I am trying to record an audio track onto Audacity using my new Steinberg UR44, a Rode M3 microphone and my Podfarm 2.5 amplifier software. I can get the sound coming through my monitors okay, but when I record in Audacity, the sound is so soft that I can hardly hear it, and it is coming through only one channel. I have previously successfully used a Line 6 Guitarport interface which my Steinberg has now replaced. However I just can’t get it to work with the new interface. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. (Windows 10 laptop)

Cheers,
Rob

Steinberg Team, please, open up licensing for ASIO drivers, so they could be included in Audacity distributions. Don’t forget minidisck: promising media format that went nowhere with it’s own closed license.

http://wiki.audacityteam.org/wiki/ASIO_Audio_Interface

All the best

Hi. Thanks for your response. I take it from your post and the link that Audacity is not licensed to work with ASIO drivers. If that is the case, then I don’t understand why myLine 6 Guitarport interface (from around 2008) worked beautifully with Audacity, even though it uses an ASIO driver. Sorry if I have misunderstood your post.