After updating Dorico 3.5 to version 126.96.36.199, there have been delays in the keystroke response. It often looks like the program hangs for 2-3 seconds before responding. This was not the case before the update.
Are you sure you updated? The current version is Dorico 3.5.12 - not 3.1!
Sorry for incomplete information. My installation is: Dorico 188.8.131.526 (Feb 15 2021) and Dorico AudioEngine version 184.108.40.206
Can you make a screen recording of what you’re seeing and share it here, and do Help > Create Diagnostic Report in order to generate some logs that might give us a clue as to what’s going on?
Hi Daniel. Thanks’ for asking me.
Below you see a marked note. Once I have marked it, either with the keyboard or the mouse, nothing happens in the next 2-4 seconds. The same thing happens when I try to place markers in a note line to write - I have to wait for the program to respond. This was not the case before the last update.
It seems that programs run some processes.
Dorico Diagnostics.zip (1.93 MB)
Do you have a MIDI keyboard attached to your computer? In the very bottom right-hand corner of the Dorico project window, there’s a little MIDI activity indicator that lights up green when MIDI data is being received. My guess is that you’ll find this is illuminated continuously: is that right?
I think Dorico is being bogged down by a continuous stream of MIDI data coming from your keyboard. Can you try a factory reset on your keyboard to see if that helps?
Thank you very much Daniel. I haven’t even thought this possibility. But my MIDI keyboard is very old - late 80’s or early 90’s, and I do not know if there are any reset. Bu any way, I will check this out with disconnect the keyboard and se if things are changed.
By the way I use the Steinberg UR 22 mkII MIDI interface. Any thing I can do with the interface?
You will hear the result after my testing’s.
Thanks for a good and helpful input Daniel.
When I disconnected, the MIDI keyboard defended most of the delays. Since I any way will replace this old instrument next winter, I consider the problem solved. Thanks again for the great help.