Regaining Storage Space, after 9.0 Update Install.

Merely a few months back, I began converting to CUBASE as my DAW. My first purchase was CUBASE PRO 8.5, the full program. My subsequent purchase was CUBASE PRO 9.0, the UPGRADE. Naturally, at completion of 9.0 Upgrade install, my MacBook Pro Applications folder now reveals both the 8.5 App and the 9.0 App. The 8.5 App, size-wise, is near 1GB. I would love to assume (ass-u-me) that I may safely delete the 8.5 App, thereby taking back my 1GB of storage space, but I dare not assume anything about this, given my very, very short history with the product. So, the grandest question I can think of–given that I’d like to DELETE ANY & EVERYTHING POSSIBLE, which would amount to redundancy between my PRO 8.5 full version and PRO 9.0 update version, and, in case it might matter, please note that I updated 9.0 to 9.01 on DAY ONE,…is it safe to DELETE the 8.5 App and are there other files or folders I could lose without negatively impacting the program? Thanks kindly for your consideration.
Mark

Hi and welcome,

Yes, it’s totally safe to delete Cubase 8.5.app. These are 2 independent applications. The shared content (sound content) is stored at different location.

This is fine unless you have any projects using blacklisted or 32 bit plugins, which is unlikely in your case. If you have, make sure that you render those parts to audio before uninstalling C8.5.

A good point you make, Silhouette. And your presumption of My Projects basket currently sitting at EMPTY was correct. I maintain updated versions of LIVE and LOGIC PRO X; as I recall…one or both permit me to run 32-Bit Soft Synths/FX/EQ. I’m preparing next to see whether or not any of the 64-Bit instruments–presently stuck in the C-9.01 Blacklist–may be resuscitated to functional status in Cubase. To your point, I’m certain–had there been any projects in my MAC to warrant concern–I most likely would NOT have considered the need to render them as AUDIO FILES (for future use) so, again, thanks for the point! It’ll save me another day. Mark

You can still use 32-bit plug-ins by using 3rd party jBridge in Cubase.