Regarding Windows 10

I updated to W10 on my laptop running Cubase AI with a UR44. Running smoothly after redownloading the eLicencer.
Haven’t done the update on my studio PC as of yet - it’s running just too good - never fix a working thing (until you have to :wink: )
Just checked over on the HW forum - looks like I’ll need a UR-Tools update on the Laptop…

Yep!! it is a difficult decision…my DAW puter is running great on 7 and have yet to hear about improvements significant enough to make the jump to 10… :slight_smile:

I remember reading a few chaps here that felt that Windows 8 was an improvement when it came to Cubase 8, like Cubase had been written for that version rather than optimized for Win7… not sure how valid the argument. I just set up a newer PC with Win10 and Cubase 8 Pro, so once I ever get the time to really dig in, I am hoping to validate that sentiment.

We look forward to your conclusion regarding CP8 and W10 :slight_smile:

yep same here!

I upgraded last week, and I am loving it. The Windows interface finally makes sense again, in a way I haven’t experienced since Win 95. I run both El Capitan on a Mac, and Win 10 on an 8-core tower. All is working perfectly, though like a few others, I had to update the eLicenser PIA bloodsucking leech parasitic growth USB thingy… uh… sorry… got carried away there…