reintroduce support for 32 bit Plugins Vsti in C 9.5 Pro ?

I have Jbrigde and it does the job, but can also make a 32bit plugin just crash. The drop of 32 Bit plugins is still a jawbreaker, because there was no need to do so. Programming wise everything was there, but steinberg just dropped it. To me a shame, because it means software is getting old fast. And that is not the same as analog app. But it is like a turn of a switch and 32bit can be back in Cubase 9.5. Still Jbridge works, but can crash the sytsem, cubase and most times crash the plugin. So it is not failsafe. The same goes for the VSTwrapper of Cubase before 9. But it does not mean they had to completly drop it. They could have made it at least an optionā€¦

1 Like

Indeed. You should have not ever upgraded your system ever. :slight_smile: :laughing:

IĀ“m really not getting the argument here. If the 32bit plug-ins are more important to you than a stable 64bit only system (and it is a lot more stable) than donĀ“t upgrade to a 64bit only version. You have the choice to not upgrade.
Cubase 8.5 with itĀ“s 32 bit support still works fine and will even work alongside Cubase 9.5,
Should I be complaining because Steinberg stopped supporting my Atari ST.

Due to technical limitations, current CPUs can only address 256 Terabytes of RAM.

This is over 333 times bigger than Junkie XLā€™s huge 1000+ track orchestral template, which he only needs 768 GB for.

Once these technical limitations are overcome, 64 bit DAWs will have access to a maximum of 18 Exabytes of RAM. Thatā€™s 18 000 000 000 GBs. Eighteen billion Gigabytes. You could probably load every single sample library ever made entirely into RAM and still have billions of GBs left.

Removing 32 bit plugin support was done for stability, period. This is a sacrifice that they decided to take knowing that it would drive away a few users. I donā€™t know how you got the ABSURD idea that Steinberg is benefiting from this financially in any way. Thatā€™s pure blind cynicism.

And yet Reaper is stable.
Steinberg is benefitting financially by not having to support 32-bit plugins. Not an absurd thought.
My point is, they could have kept it as an option and I would have a piece of good hardware that I could still be using WHILE staying a lifelong and loyal Steinberg customer.

1 Like

my opinion is the Cubase included bridge wasnā€™t very good many times I tried it and plugins wouldnā€™t work correctly or I have to force quit Cubase

ā€œWonā€™t be any need for a 128-bit DAW for 100 years?ā€
i may be not so technical enough , but difficult to digest this , when a sound card performs with absolute zero latency , and support for multiple sound cards becomes a breeze, n the DAW performs like a hardware device ā€¦with no freezing , over loads , zero latency with external hardware , effx etc ā€¦ then perhaps probably ā€¦ ws

Hi , Thanks a lot for the Info , but still dont exactly solve my issue , i made a mistake purchasing halionsonic 1 when it was already there in halion 4 , after a google , there is Halionsonic 3 tone banks , good enough in Halion 6 ā€¦ i belive i will be ofcourse buying online thru Asknet ?? my issue was since i paid for halionsonic 1 for nothing , can i add that along with halion 4 , for the upgrade to Halion 6 , so i get a better upgrade rate ā€¦ Asknet should have told me that Halionsonic 1 was already in halion 4 ā€¦ may be get it rectified and corrected now ā€¦ quite an old user of cubase atari days , n the red LPT dongle still with me when PC came in ā€¦ or i get stuck with halionsonic 1 ā€¦!!! , any one here from Asknet or steinberg who can suggest a solution for this Thanks ws

I think the point being made here is that. EVERYONE wants to move on with 64bit. No one is saying that they donā€™t. What they are saying is that their DAW provider should support their customers when they want their old plugins with the times aswell. Especially ones that your company once made (actually some are better ones than you have now) quadrafuzz 1 has nothing on the qf2 version, same goes for overdrive. Imagine a big company like you not being able to port those over. pretty shameful lol but at least Iā€™ve learned about VST system link which does provide a solution for this and probably the way forward. expensive solution

1 Like

They were made by Spectral Design, not Steinberg.

This thread was made because the thread starter assumed that the removal of 32 bit support was causing issues with his plugins. But theyā€™re clearly 64 bit, otherwise they wouldnā€™t even show up, so thatā€™s definitely NOT the source of his issues.

Iā€™ll lock this thread because itā€™s clear that people will continue to rant about off-topic issues while completely ignoring the thread starter. Iā€™ve asked him to contact Steinberg Support, which should be able to help him figure out why Halion is freezing.