Remembering guitar riffs cheat code

Hi.
Quick one: i always find myself in a flowstate busting out gita riffs and forgetting how to play them the next day.
Is there a cheat code to tab things while the DI is in the DAW? I dont wanna keep swicthing between cubase & guitar pro . Closest idea i have is to cut envelope midi and rename them based on the notes, any better ideas?

Im playing death metal

If you have Cubase 12, You can take the riff, drop it into the chord track, then get sheet or tab from that.

Yeah thats for chords but what if im playing a riff

Vary Audio maybe?

I don’t know, I use to have the same issue, Would bust out whole songs and then have to go back and learn them like it was someone else’s song. Still do that sometimes. I think a lot of people do.

But the more you do that, the better you get at it, and the better you get at that, the better you are at playing with others. Because you can just play with what you are hearing. But you have to stay on top of the skill or it goes away fast. But you know that already :metal:

Will Guitar Pro do that though? If so, I would like to know the answer in Cubase as well. Good feature request.

1 Like