Remote control button illumination

Hi,

I have a Behringer X-touch mini which has some backlight buttons. These buttons sent note on when pressed and note off when released. Controling Cubase works just fine when I use “note on” in the remote controler configuration. It does not work when I use “note off”. Don’t know why.

The problem is that the backlight is only on when pressing the button. When I click the referenced button in Cubase the backligth stays on. My guess is that is has something to do with the following “note off”…

I was thinking of filtering the note off events, but that doesn’t seem to be possible with Cubase 8. Or am I wrong?

Next thing would be diving into the programming software of the X-touch mini, but that seems not to be that easy… Would changing the button from a note to a CC controller work (if even possible)?

Any suggestions?

Regards,

Martijn

Hi Martijn,

I too have the X-touch mini, and have been happy with it so far. It’s been a few months now since I set up my Generic Remote to work with it, so I can’t remember the exact details, but I experienced what I think was similar problem to you. I found using CCs instead of note-on for buttons that should light to reflect their Cubase on/off state worked reliably though. Note-On seemed to be OK for kicking off actions that do not receive anything back from Cubase. You can use the Behringer editor to easily change the operation of the buttons.

HTH, Ian

Thanks Ian! The editor is not that difficult. Started off with changing “momentary” into “Toggel” and that works perfect for my monitor selection in the (Cubase) control room. Enable/disable an insert plug (to make the monitoring mono) does not work in toggle mode. In the control room itself, next to the monitor selection buttons, there is a button with the same function. But I can’t find that one in the Remote Control setup…

Need some further testing…

Cheers,

Martijn

CC works better for sure!!

Good to hear!
Best, Ian