Remote control editor - Any presets for MCU out there?

Would you mind trying a mapping to see if sharing is possible? I’m not sure of the unique ID folder that each plugin is given, whether it’s unique to each machine or not. Or relates to a universal ID for that plugin.

If you could be kind enough, then grab this file as a test for retrologue:-
http://getpatched.co.uk/forumattachments/cubase/Retrologue.zip

If you expand the zip it into this folder:-
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\VST XMLs\Steinberg Media Technologies

It should add one file (And parent folder(s)) into the following location:-
C:\Users\USERNAME\Documents\VST XMLs\Steinberg Media Technologies\Retrologue\CC3695D88FE74881B46E6CCFFB291CFF\Generic 8 Cells.xml

Be great if it worked, as it would be quite simple to create a companion app so that people could share and take as a community for those who this may benefit.

And yes, i use MCU for parameters all the time, and i know a few others do… I think most people don’t even realise it’s possible and stick to just fader controls.

As i use a synth workstations, the whole concept of having pages and hardware knobs for each page is like second nature to me - plus i’m currently using a Maschine Mk2 controller set to MCU mode - so the rotaries and screen are in a much small unit, plus is always on the instrument page ready to tweak as i swap through tracks.

A lot of the time i have chord pads open, and i use the drum pads on the Maschine controller to fire off chords (Maybe with arps) while banking through the oscillators, filters, envelopes etc. via the knobs above. I tend to get more interesting results and happy accidents happening when i’m less biased by mouse and screen. :slight_smile: