Remote Control Editor discussion

I just can encourage you all to ask kindly for help on this via PM to JHP, EdDoll and all the others. I did this multiple times already but was perfectly ignored…

Ok, so that tells us that they are not linked. Bummer. One would hope it would have been that easy.

I just can encourage you all to ask kindly for help on this via PM to JHP, EdDoll and all the others. I did this multiple times already but was perfectly ignored…

I bet their boxes are already exploding with everything else. Good luck with sorting it out.

Hi !

Well, that was clearly the one and only new feature that appealed to me…if it’s not what i thought it was, then not going to C7 won’t be that hard…

Cheers.

Currently, it seems nobody even knows what this is for, what you can do with it, and how.

“It can’t be any easier, can it?”

Currently it’s some UI without functionality other than customize UI controls to control UI controls… !?!

So it seems. My guess is that if you have one of the controllers listed there may be some usable functionality. Otherwise, it’s back to Generic Remote.

I know a lot of things are going on, but hopefully we’ll hear from SB soon.

-Rich

The BCF2000 works good with in Mackie mode, but I haven’t messed with the Remote Editor yet.

G

One observation from the video, is that you can only use each layout once, including Standard Layout. This leads me to think that the Standard Layout isn’t meant for generic MIDI controllers.

So it seems Steinberg is using Cubase to promote Yamaha’s and their own hardware controllers, like Avid does in Sibelius with M-Audio control surfaces.

I tried it and Cubase crashed.

Where did you find the manual? I downloaded the mac version and I couldn’t find it anywhere :confused:

Page 442

hi all,

yesterday night i had another try - misteriously enough, i chosed Nuage template, clicked “learn”, moved a control on my BCN Nano and apparently it worked - then, a nice crash! just to report a small glimpse of hope :slight_smile:

Please Heldge could you explain how to use/setup the mackie control with the remote control editor?
It’s stated in you preview videos that it’s compatible right off the box
but I can’t make it work … I have the MCU without usb and it’s all configured in my cubase.
Please help.
Thx

bump

The Remote Control Editor seems like a bit of a misnomer, no one can get it to work and no response from moderators…

This is ridiculous.
This is one of the worse daw for simple parameters remote linking.
We should be able to right click any parameters and midi learn a fader in no time… :cry:

Ok … if I change the layout of the buttons in the remote control of a plugin for example,
and then I press apply and go to my MCU in the plugin function of that channel,
I can see the change of layout I did, but the learn button doesn’t detect any buttons from my MCU :frowning:
So what I understand for now, is that it’s only to customise the order or what you want to see in your controller … please someone tell me I’m wrong!

I’ve tried to use the new remote control editor with the Retrologue and an Icon Qcon Pro which uses Mackie Control.

In the editor I’ve selected “standard”, resetted the control knobs and used the learn function to assign the knobs to different parameters and renamed them to properly display on my unit.

So far everything was fine but when turning the knobs on the Qcon the controls in the Retrologue only jump from 0 (7 o’clock) to 1 o’clock.
I’ve tried the different functionalities for the knob (standard, LED-Ring etc.) to no avail.

It works fine with Steinberg VST3 inserts (envelope shaper etc.) and Waves Plugins for example.

Hi,
To confirm:
Indeed the “Remote Control Editor” is not a “MIDI Control Editor” and does not work with all MIDI controllers but only with supported controllers that are in the list like for example:

• CM Motormix
  • JLCooper MCS3000
  • Mackie Control
  • Mackie HUI
  • Radikal SAC-2K
  • Steinberg Houston
  • Yamaha DM2000 V2
    (and probably other devices that use the same protocol.)

As well as:

• Yamaha NUAGE
  • WK-ID
  • System 5-MC (EuCon)
  • Artist Series (EuCon)

Greetings,
JHP

My Qcon Pro (Mackie Control) orks just as fine with C7 as with C6.5

On top of that the setup with the remote controller editor was straightforward to me.

I left the protocol in the editor on standard, clicked on learn and assigned all parameters in the order I like them and even renamed them. It is actually usable now with plugins and VSTis!

2 Problems that ocurred: When renaming for the display of my controller with some plgins it was fine with editing the 8 digit name while with most others I had to rename the main parameter name.
Also, while assigning was fine with the Retrologue the controls behave weirdly when turning the knobs.
All other plugins I’ve tried work fine.

I don’t now yet how to get the controller editor for the main channel EQ… (not a plugin, so probably won’t work)

Does somebody know how I can get rid of the play/stop etc buttons on my controller to trigger the sounds of the VSTi I’ve just got open?

Hi, really deceiving new. Staying non opened to third party controller in any kind isn’t a good marketing option…But this is just my 2 cents…