Remote Desktop causes very much dropouts

Hi!

I just started to use Microsoft Remote Desktop (on my Macbook) to have access to my Win7 DAW running Nuendo 6.5.

I want to record drums (playing myself) that way - so far everything is AWESOME.

I have full access and no grafik issues etc - BUT - even at 1024 samples buffer size I have stutter playback and dropouts - the recording stops after a few seconds “audio dropout occured” or something like that.

When I close the connection and go on with Cubase IC Pro via iPad everything is fine again - but not as cool as when using Remote Desktop which literally gives me my Studios DAW Nuendo on my Laptop…

What is causing this trouble? I have an ASUS mainboard with Workstation LAN, this one is connected via Gbit Lan to my switch… when I monitor in the taskmanager there is not really a traffic which could cause CPU spikes or something… everything is just fine there… 10% CPU maybe…

Brandy

Mh, strange…

I had it twice now - the Asio Meter goes crazy when I record - playback is fine… but yesterday I closed Nuendo and reopened it (via Remote) - and then everything was very fine! So basically it works - but not all the time. Or better I say: Basically it does not work but sometimes it does.

I would like to find the culprit because it was not very “effective” - I was in the flow and warmed up etc - and then I had to deal with those issues for a while…

Hello Brandy,

Using Remote Desktop does not use the graphics card. The constant interruptions needed by the cpu to render the graphics will cause problems.
Hugh

aha!

But the strange thing is - I was able to use it without a problem - the same project, everything the same - just a Nuendo restart… so basically it seems to work…

I realized that ultra-low latency stuff is not possible - when I have 64 samples with no issues in the studio this gave me higher CPU / crackle via remote… so I can “feel” the higher CPU use here - but I am at 1024 samples and here everything seems to work - “sometimes”…