Remove QuickTime engine from Windows version

Please remove any Apple dependencies from the Windows version : QuickTime, Mac style Menu bar …
It is somewhat absurd to be forced to install Mac stuff on a PC.

I recently installed Cubase 8 on a fresh Windows 8.1, and noticed that I couldn’t import any video. Then I remembered that Cubase needed QuickTime to be Installed ! Then, I had to deal with this “infection” with the usual tweaks on my system again …

Windows has a fairly powerful video engine, and certainly more users. Why wouldn’t you propose Windows Media Player engine for Mac OS instead ?

Wouldn’t we get better video playback performances using the integrated video engine than a third party ?

No offense to Mac users, nothing wrong with Apple. But I think, if PC users wanted to deal with Mac, they would get a Mac. :wink:

…totally agree on this…

in fact, one of the few things i must admit I still miss after leaving my previously beloved Cakewalk SONAR is the video engine… it used to import and play (ANY kind of) video so smoothly… and natively…!
No need to install any resource consuming and infective Apple crap…

I love Cubase, but dealing with video soundtracks should be less annoying…
Such a powerful DAW deserves more steraightforward videos handling…

Hope guys at Steinberg are listening…

I couldn’t agree more with you. Why We should install QT!!

+1

+1

Regards :sunglasses:

+1!

I love the Mac aversion going on in this thread. 8) I feel right at home.

There is a way to do this in a platform-independent manner which would incur no additional license fees using FFmpeg which also make it easy to implement another feature request, export video between locators with replaced audio, specifically without re-rendering the video.

+1

Agreed. It’s a “virus.”